The term “Vegan” was given in 1944 to people who chose not to consume any kind of animal origin, dairy, and eggs. Not only food, people who choose a vegan lifestyle, and they exclude themselves from all the animal products either food or clothes.
A raw estimate was given in 2017 that 11% of the world population is categorized in vegan, vegetarian and other semi-vegetarianism categories. More & more people every year are converting into vegan because this seems a healthy option for them. There is tons of reason that forces people to choose vegan option due to religion, health, provoking, concern about animal and other living things and the environmental change. They believe that no living thing has to sacrifice their lives for another person’s survival. You can find your reason to adopt veganism.
The first thing that comes into our mind when we think of a vegan lifestyle is how they survive without meat and dairy products. Well, to your surprise vegetarian diet is as healthy as non-vegetarians. Thanks to the growing industry and variety of dine-in places with vegan food options to promote a healthy vegan lifestyle. Don’t depend on too much-processed food; instead, include fruits and vegetables in your daily diet.
Benefits of Becoming Vegan
If you’re thinking to become vegan, then do it. It is the healthiest way to live and enjoy nature without harming any living thing for your survival. Vegan diet bounds people to eat all healthy products such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, seeds, and nuts. These products are a complete package of nutrients, minerals, protein and, vitamins.
- Vegan diets are well-known to recommend people who are attempting a weight loss program.
- A vegan diet is far more nutritious than any other diet.
- Not only weight loss, but a vegan diet also removes excess fat from your body.
- If you’re having kidney-related diseases, you should consider switching to a vegan diet.
- It can lower down your heart risk by up to 42%.
- It reduces pain from Arthritis.
Environmental Impact of Becoming Vegan
As per the recent study shown in The Lancet, it is proved that an approx 84% of environmental impact reduced because of the majority plant-based diet than people who include animal products in their meal. An environmental impact consists of 6 categories including water reduction, land use, climate change, marine water eutrophication, respiratory inorganics and, freshwater eutrophication. What else, egg, meat, and dairy products are reducing our environment day by day. If every human on earth starts eating a plant-based diet, global land use could be reduced by 75%. Join hands with thousands of people working to change climate and make the earth a better place for living. Raising innocent animals for their own sake is ridiculous and intolerable for environmental impact.
Types of Vegan Diet
- Raw-food diet – This diet is considered a raw-food vegan diet where they cook their meal under 118’F.
- Whole-food diet – People who eat their food fully cooked including fruits, vegetables, nuts, and seeds.
- Starch solution – A diet that focuses more on starch products like potatoes, corn, and rice instead of fruits.
- Vegan’s junk-food diet – This diet can be considered tasty on cheat days. Instead of eating healthy every day, you can sometimes enjoy mock meat and cheese in processed vegan food.
Foods That Every Vegan Should Avoid
Any food that contains animal products should be avoided by vegans. To be more précised, it includes:
Moreover, along with these particular items, vegans should also avoid some kind of wine, breakfast cereals, marshmallows, chewing gums, and gummy bears.
What About Vegan Dine-Out?
This can be challenging for you but not impossible. Along with the fast-forwarding world, there is no less quantity of veg restaurants than non-veg. To save you some time and risk, search some vegan-friendly places online ahead of time and find your perfect place to go.
If you are visiting non-vegetarian restaurants then inspect their menu earlier to know what they are offering for you or call the restaurant before visiting so that they can arrange something for you. Avoid eating from other people’s plates in case they have mixed their food with dairy, egg or animal consuming meal.