Dry skin can sometimes be rude to your body and hang in there for a long time. So you don’t have to worry anymore because we have some amazing home remedies that will turn your dry skin into fresh and glowing skin.
Therefore, follow these homemade remedies to get rid of dry skin and let us know your experience:
Olive oil contains healthy fatty acids and works as an antioxidant on your skin. It is beneficial in many ways but one of the best uses of olive oil is it prevents dry skin and premature aging.
- Apply a perfect layer of olive oil before applying your moisturizer to keep your skin smooth.
- Olive oil is a rapid overnight treatment that you can do daily. Apply the oil and massage it on your face, legs, hands and other areas of the body and leave it till your morning shower.
- Make a thick paste of olive oil and brown sugar and apply it on your face. Rinse it after 30 minutes with cold water.
Aloe vera has uncountable benefits because of its multiple uses on skin, body and, health. Using a perfect amount of aloe vera can be a treat to your dry skin because when it will get overused, your skin might get dry.
- First of all, cut aloe vera into half and take the gel out. Watch out your fingers from the thorns at the edges.
- Gently massage it on your skin and leave it for approx. 15-20 minutes. Hence rinse it with water and pat dry.
- Furthermore, massage aloe vera on your skin twice a day for better results.
Avocado is not just for your diet salad. It can work as a remedy to your dry skin because it has a natural moisturizer and loaded with skin-healing ingredients which are good to make your dry skin, smooth. Another reason why avocado is recommended is because it is high in vitamin A and has generous fatty acid for the inside of the skin
- Mash avocado and apply the mixture on your face. Leave it for 15-20 minutes and rinse it off with cold water.
- Avocado can be used as a multi-purpose fruit. Add olive oil or honey with mashed avocado and for the fragrance, you can add a drop or two of essential oil like lavender and apply the mask on your face for 20 minutes. Rinse it with water and dry.
Honey is not only for sweetness. It is high in antioxidants, antimicrobial and humectant properties. For the reason, it is high in mineral and natural vitamins to keep your skin moist.
- Honey goes well with oatmeal. Take a mixture of oatmeal and mix it with 2 tablespoons of honey. Apply the mixture all over your face and leave it for 20 minutes. Wash it with warm water cloth. Repeat this formula daily to improve skin health.
- You can even create honey lotion at home with some natural ingredients. Mix honey with olive and squeeze a bit of lemon juice. Apply the lotion on your before taking a bath to enjoy moist skin.
Milk is certainly good in many ways. Either your inner body or outer body, it has many healing capabilities because milk has anti-inflammatory properties and lactic acid in milk due to which it exfoliates dead skin cells and make your skin healthy and glow. Above all milk is also good for fair skin to lighten your skin complexion.
- Soak a cotton ball in milk and dab on your dry skin areas then leave it for some time. Wash it with cold water and enjoy fresh skin.
- Take 2 tablespoons of milk; add lemon, a pinch of turmeric and, rose water. Apply the mixture on your body and leave it for 20 minutes. Rinse it off with water and likewise do it again daily.
Yogurt is certainly an antivirus to your skin.
If you have dry skin, soon your skin will start cracking and hence you’ll itch like a maniac. Yogurt is best for dry skin because it is high in antioxidants and lactic acid in yogurt fights dead skin cells to improve your skin health.
- You can use yogurt in many ways. First of all, make a paste of yogurt and honey and apply it on your body. Leave it for 10-15 minutes before taking a shower or bath.
- Apply raw yogurt on your hands, face and, legs. Gently massage it for 10 minutes then rinse it off with cold water to get a moist and fresh skin.
There’s nothing wrong with giving yourself a treat once in a while with these amazing homemade facial masks to improve your skin cells and give it a fresh glow. Rather than buying those extra expensive face masks, you can prepare your own at home.
- Egg Facial Mask – Egg is a high source of protein. Therefore, it has to be added in your skin-care routine even more. Mix an egg white with olive, lemon, honey and, rose water. Apply the mixture on your face and leave it for 15-20 minutes before rinsing it off with water.
- Another facial mask recipe is to take one tablespoon of raw honey and mix it with an essential oil like lavender. Apply the combination on your face for 10 minutes then wash it with water.
- How about a blend of oatmeal and honey? It seems like something new. First of all, take 2 tablespoons of raw honey and cooked oatmeal. Mix it together and apply the paste on the skin for 20 minutes. Use a warm cloth to remove the paste.
Coconut oil is good for pampering your skin because it can be easily kept on room temperature and apply it before going to bed. Hence, avoid ruining your bed sheet with oily feet and cover it with socks or plastic bags.
Due to humidity, it is recommended to apply coconut oil even more in winters to keep your skin fresh and smooth.
Nothing can beat oatmeal when it comes to dry skin, itching and, rashes. Apart from healthy breakfast, oatmeal can be used for dry skin because it locks moisturize in your skin and keeps it healthy.
- Take a warm bath with oatmeal soaked in the water tub. Add a few drops of essential oil to for essence. To get better results, take this bath twice a week or more.
Vaseline has to be your best cure for dry skin in every season. It is an excellent natural moisturizer for your skin without any preservatives.
- Apply a thick layer of Vaseline on your face, hands, and legs and leave it overnight to lock the moisturizer in your skin.
Must Read for Health Effect of Tattoo